2 Leeks, finely sliced
1 Onion, finely sliced
450g Potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 litre Vegetable stock
4 rashers of Streaky bacon, chopped
100ml Whole Milk
150ml Double Cream, plus extra
3 Extra rashers of Streaky Bacon,
1. Melt the butter in a pan. Add the onion and bacon to the pan and cook until the onions have softened.
2. Add the leeks and potatoes to the pan and reduce the heat. Cook gently for about 10 minutes with the lid is on. Shake the pan occasionally so the contents don't stick to the bottom.
3. Pour in the stock and season. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Cover and leave for about 20 minutes.
4. While the soup is boiling, heat some olive oil/butter and fry the extra bacon until its crispy.
5. After the soup has boiled, use either a hand blender or food processor, blend the contents until it's smooth. Once it's blended add the milk and cream to the pan and stir well. Taste and season. Pour into bowls, top with the crispy bacon and a drizzle of cream. Serve with bread.
- Make it creamier by adding a bit more cream
- Make it vegetarian by getting rid of the bacon and top the soup with croutons