So Christmas has come and gone and we have all had our fair share of Christmas food. The one problem is what do we do with the left over carrots, roasties and the dreaded Brussels sprouts. This recipe will give you an easy way to use those left over veg and makes a great accompaniment with the left over meat or some cold meats.
2 Medium Onions
Left over Mash/Roasties - Mashed up
Left over Vegetables (Brussell Sprouts, carrots, peas, parsnips etc), cut into small chunks
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven for 200c/180c fan assisted.
2. Fry the onions in a frying pan with a bit of olive oil for a few minutes until soft. Then put in the mixing bowl.
3. Add the potatoes and vegetables to the mixing bowl. Add the butter to help bind the mixture together.
4. Put the flour on a separate plate with seasoning. Form the bubble and squeak mixture into patties Cover with the seasoned flour.
5. Fry the patties in batches of 2. Fry on each side for a few minutes. When frying the first side it may be an idea to do it for longer as it will be easier to flip and will keep its shape.
6. Once they have all been fried, put on a tray and put in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve with cold meats or meat leftover from the night before.