Makes 15 Biscuits
250g Butter, at room temperature
50g of Icing Sugar
250g Plain Flour, shifted
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
100g Butter, left at room temperature
100g Raspberry Jam
1/2 vanilla extract
200g Icing Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan assisted oven. Grease a baking tray and line with grease proof paper.
2. In a food processor put all the biscuit ingredients in and blend until smooth. This will take a couple of minutes. Make sure you put all of the mixture from the processor into the pipping bag with a large star nozzle (Pipping Bag I used can be seen at the bottom of the post).
3. When pipping the mixture onto the tray make sure the pipping bag is at a 90 degree angle to the tray and squeeze the mixture out a medium size rosettes of dough. Make sure they are spread out so they don't stick together when they bake. Put in the oven and make for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Leave the biscuits to cool on a wire rack. While they are cooling, make the butter icing by mixing the butter, icing sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix with a fork until fully combined.
5. Once the biscuits are cooled put a small teaspoon of jam on the smooth side of the biscuit, butter icing and top with a biscuit. Repeat the process until you are out of biscuits. Dust with some icing sugar and serve.